Tuesday 15 July 2014

Basic braids

Hey! 

So I figuered for my first hair tutorials, I'd show you the steps of 3 basic braids: the regular braid, the French braid (begins at the op of your head) and the Dutch braid (begins at the top of your head and looks 3d). These 3 braids are very handy to learn and are the basic steps you need to know to create more difficult braids! So pay attention haha ;). I'll be posting the 3 tutorials in seperate blogposts, this one will be the regular braid. x. 

The regular braid
This braid is the easiest and the quickest.


Step 1.
Brush your hair and then devide it in to 3 strands. (The way I hold the strands in the picture is to me the easiest way but everyone has their own way of holding the strands!)

Step 2.
Bring one of the outstanding strands to the middle. (It does not matter which strand you start with, I like to start with the right strand.)

Step 3. 
Now bring the other outstanding strand to the middle. This will be your first "stitch" 

Step 4.
Now again, bring the other outstanding strand to the middle.

Step 5.
Now keep on bringing the outstanding strand to the middle. You can already see the braid :)

Step 6.
You can go on as long as you like (it depends on the length of your hairs.) Stop the braid when you are at the point where some of the hair can't fit in anymore and you see hairs popping out of the braid like on the picture.

Step 7.
Now take an elastic to sucure the braid.

Your braid is now finished! Pretty easy right? ;) click on this link to see my tutorial on the French braid which is a little harder to do.


All the pictures are made by me with an iphone 5c, you can only use these pictures if you give the credits to me. This tutorial is done on Hilde's hair. Thanks guys :) xx

als je deze blogpost in het nederlands wilt lezen klik dan op ''vertalen'' ergens boven aan de pagina.

No comments:

Post a Comment